Herma Shipping and Transport Corporation (HSTC for brevity) pledges to fully comply with the requirements of Republic Act No. 10173 or the “Data Privacy Act of 2012” (DPA for brevity) and all applicable rules, regulations and advisories of the National Privacy Commission (NPC for brevity).
HSTC processes personal data and information for purpose of fulfilling its commitment of providing total quality service to its customers and professional growth and care for the well-being of all its employees. As part of that undertaking, HSTC is committed to safeguarding and protecting the privacy of the data subjects as well as the safety and integrity of the personal data and information that HSTC has already processed and may subsequently process.
HSTC’S COLLECTION OF DATA AND INFORMATION
Consent by the data subject, if applicable, shall be a prerequisite to the collection and processing of his/her personal information. This consent shall be obtained in the course of HSTC’s transactions with data subjects, whether through telephone, e-mail, text and other electronic correspondence, or relayed personally while the data subject is in HSTC’s premises. HSTC’s website may be visited without the data subject providing any personal information and sensitive personal information.
HOW HSTC COLLECTS AND STORES INFORMATION
HSTC collects personal information and/or sensitive personal information:
- Thru electronic-mail;
- Thru contact over the telephone, mobile or other platforms;
- Thru Closed-circuit Television (CCTV);
- Thru Logbook
- Directly from the data subject or authorized representative/s;
- Thru this official website by sending an inquiry to HSTC
All paper-based documents containing personal details shall be stored in locked steel filing cabinets located inside HSTC’s office, while digital documents shall be stored in HSTC’s server. These data and information shall not be retained longer than what is necessary for the purpose for which the information was taken. All other information shall be properly disposed and destroyed after a maximum period of ten (10) years.
HOW HSTC USES AND DISCLOSES CUSTOMER INFORMATION
HSTC collects and stores personal information and sensitive personal information for any, some or all of the following purposes:
- To comply with regulatory and/or statutory requirements;
- To fulfill HSTC’s contract with employees and customers;
- To comply with HSTC’s legal obligation/s;
- To process employment applications, determine and review salaries, incentives, bonuses and other benefits;
- To monitor performance, career development, training, secondment or transfer, health and safety administration and security and access control;
- To monitor compliance with internal rules and policies and keep a record of disciplinary and grievance records;
- To comply with regulatory and/or statutory requirements;
- To enforce HSTC’s rights under labor laws or any other applicable laws to defend HSTC’s rights under the law including but not limited to any disciplinary actions relating to the termination of employment including workforce management;
- To manage and develop HSTC’s business and operations;
- To provide customers other goods and services;
- To ensure the safety and security of HSTC’s customers, employees, staff or any individual or entity with whom HSTC has a professional relationship with;
- To administer record keeping;
- To remit salaries and wages to HSTC employees’ respective bank accounts;
Other personal details may be required from the data subjects provided they have given their consent to HSTC’s authorized employee through written, electronic or recorded means.
HOW HSTC MAY SHARE AND DISPOSE INFORMATION
As required by the law and/or the operational needs and contractual undertakings of HSTC, the personal information and sensitive personal information collected may be disclosed from time to time and in limited instances:
- The data subject has given consent prior to the processing of the personal information, which shall be undertaken pursuant to a declared, specified, and legitimate purpose of HSTC.
- Personal information are also shared with third parties, particularly the Herma Group, which is in charge of the human resource, security and information technology functions of HSTC. In those circumstances, the data and information will be subject to appropriate data sharing and/or data processing agreements.
- Personal information may be shared with a third-party/customer to the extent necessary to effect the performance and fulfillment of the company’s contractual obligations.
- Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by HSTC to perform functions on its behalf such as data processing or storage.
- Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of HSTC it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
- HSTC also reserves the right to disclose any personal data and information it has concerning a data subject if HSTC is compelled to do so by a court of law or lawfully requested to do so by a government entity or if HSTC determines it is necessary or desirable to comply with the law or to protect or defend its rights or property in accordance with the applicable laws or regulations. HSTC also reserves the right to retain personal data and information collected and to process such personal data and information to comply with accounting and tax rules and regulations, mandatory contribution laws, rules and regulations and any specific record retention laws.
Any such limited disclosure of the data subject’s personal information by HSTC to a third party will be made only on a strictly confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed and pursuant to the safeguards on disclosure pursuant to this Policy and the overall data privacy protection principles recognized by HSTC.
HSTC’S DATA PRIVACY MEASURES
HSTC highly values and respects the personal information and sensitive personal information collected and stored with us and make sure that it is protected from possible threats. HSTC aims to maintain the availability, integrity and confidentiality of personal information and sensitive personal information, and protects them against accidental loss or destruction and/or natural dangers or calamities, and human dangers, be it deliberate or by negligence, such as unlawful access, fraudulent misuse, unlawful destruction, alteration and contamination. In furtherance of these purposes, HSTC’s office has put in place the necessary technical, organizational and physical measures to make sure that your data and information are kept safe and secure.
The data subject has rights to access, update or rectify his or her own personal information and sensitive personal information being handled by HSTC. Should the data subject desire to inquire about his or her own personal information and sensitive personal information that HSTC may have, the data subject can do so by sending a written request in a printed letter or through electronic mail. HSTC will require the full name, address and contact number/s so HSTC can ascertain and verify the data subject’s identity and whether HSTC has any information or data regarding the said data subject. A request to correct, modify, cancel, delete or stop processing or using the data subject’s personal information and sensitive personal information can also be sent to HSTC. However, in either case, this may limit HSTC’s ability to serve the data subject. In both instances, HSTC may contact the data subject to obtain any additional and necessary information to assist HSTC in properly addressing the queries, issues or concerns and also to verify the data subject’s identity.
Should the data subject have questions regarding his or her own personal information and sensitive personal information with HSTC, or any query, issues, concerns or complaint with regard to the processing or use of personal information and sensitive personal information, HSTC can be contacted by any of the following means:
- By personally visiting HSTC or sending a letter to Herma Shipping and Transport Corporation, Herma Building, No. 94 Scout Rallos St., Kamuning, Quezon City.
- By sending an electronic mail to HSTC’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your continued patronage and HSTC will always endeavor to ensure that your personal information, sensitive personal information and data privacy rights are respected.